About LINK Picnic Festival
The LINK Picnic Festival and Carnival Costume Parade celebrates the inspirations and wisdoms within the African and Caribbean Diaspora. It provides contact and exposure to multiple levels of the community in a relaxed, yet stimulating setting.
We link people to people in a culturally infused environment of music, food and interesting activities for the whole family and provide opportunities for artistic experiences that range from education to performances.
We also link people to products and services that they would not normally have access to, present a marketplace to customers and clients outside their usual reach, and provide a gateway to the African & Caribbean Community of Waterloo Region and Guelph.
- Workshops, Demonstrations & Classes to educate and engage participation
- Three Areas of music to showcase the cultural Diaspora and intensify connections
- Carnival Costume Parade to free inhibitions, delight everyone and introduce carnival art to the Region
- Activity-filled Children’s Village that unleashes creativity and movement
- Marketplace to captivate palettes, minds and interests
- Other Attractions to inspire, educate and intrigue